Gambling is a big international business. Nearly everywhere in the world, there are casinos. However, most countries without casinos are predominantly Muslim countries or small island states that cannot attract many tourists except for China.
Only the United States and India have licensed casinos of the five most populous countries (China, India, the United States, Indonesia, and Brazil). Of course, China is a significant market for other Asian gambling jurisdictions. Still, gambling is only allowed in the particular administrative regions of Macao. As a result, Hong Kong and many Indonesians go to nearby casinos such as Marina Bay Sands in Singapore or Resorts World Genting in Malaysia, the Philippines, and South Korea.
https://indiancustomer.in will help you choose a quality Indian gaming club!
India and global gambling
Curiously, Indian online gambling is still in a “gray” zone. It is because the country has not yet passed laws regulating online casinos. Simply put, online gambling is 100% legal in India. Not a single player in the country has yet been arrested and convicted for engaging in online gambling.
Many countries prohibit all trusted casinos in India, slots, and poker rooms from operating and advertising. At the same time, there are states where casinos are perfectly legal. Accordingly, the possibility of legal advertising increases its effectiveness.
The industry of internet gambling is among the world’s most rapidly growing. Europe is leading in online gambling with 22% of the total market. The Middle East and Asia follow, and North America has about 8% of the global market.
European slot manufacturers target India
To begin with, Indian Internet coverage is one of the broadest in the world. It is calculated that more than 500 million people are active users of the Internet in the country. This population can place bets at any trusted casino in India or betting shop, as long as it is offshore. India’s gambling market is currently valued at about $1 billion, with experts predicting 41% growth annually.
You’re also likely to see more online casinos in India because many software developers are creating games specifically for Indian players. Popular Indian online casino games are now a mainstay of most European gambling sites. In addition to Ezugi, Evolution has also released two Indian-style table games, Bollywood Blackjack and Bollywood Roulette.
Finally, many bookmakers and online casinos accept and make payments in Indian rupees. And that’s not to forget that most of these websites are available in Hindi. So overall, the potential of the legal online casino in India industry is enormous.
The best European casino operators are already in India
Listed next are some mainstream European Internet casino operators that already dominate the Indian gaming market:
- Evo Gaming. Evolution is the largest and most successful developer globally with live dealer games. This company is known for its live dealer entertainment games broadcast directly from its studios in Latvia and Malta. This software provider also informs its live games from several European and American studios. As a result, expect to find Evolution table games on most Indian gambling sites.
- It’s also worth noting that Evolution partnered with Betway in 2020 to launch the world’s first Bollywood Roulette and Bollywood Blackjack. Real Hindi-speaking croupiers run both games. Just visit any online casino on the Evolution platform and enjoy these exciting games.
- Ezugi. Another famous European brand that is currently based in India is Ezugi. Founded in 2012, this company has carved out a niche for developing high-quality mobile gambling and table games products. The company operates nine studios in Spain, London, Israel, Bulgaria, Romania, Belgium, Malta, and Cambodia. Today Ezugi is known for the development of the first and only live game Andar Bahar.
- NetEnt. Most recently, Evolution Gaming acquired NetEnt in a deal worth about $2 billion. It now means that indie players can now enjoy more than 300 NetEnt video slot titles, including the all-new Divine Fortune Megaways. NetEnt slots are known for features such as free spins, multipliers, scatter symbols, and, of course, Megaways, high payout mechanics. Other popular NetEnt games include Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, Dead or Alive, and others.
Gaming regulation in the world
Nowadays, practically all countries have different rules for regulating the casino gambling business. But the case of online gambling is the most controversial. As can be seen, in many countries, the attitude to local and foreign operators is principally different.
In the EU, for example, the activities of foreign gambling sites fall under the requirements of the EU legislation, which the member states must comply with. However, not all states agree that foreign operators do not pay taxes to the local treasury. Despite EU regulations, they re-submit foreign operators to their regulatory rules, forcing them to pay taxes to the local budget. France, Germany, and Italy, for example, act in this way.
The other cause of this varying treatment of foreign and local companies is that many countries do not have the necessary resources or influence tools to prevent foreign companies from operating in their territories.
To summarize the availability of online gambling in the world
- 32 countries prohibit local operators from operating without a license, but those gambling sites operated from abroad can safely offer their services to locals. Among them are the following countries: Seychelles, Armenia, Dominican Republic, Greece, Monaco, Norway, Canada, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- 32 countries permit all betting websites to run under local gambling licenses only. For example, Austria, Finland, France, Great Britain, Netherlands, and others.
- 28 countries prohibit residents from gambling and blocking the sites of local gambling operators. The authorities of these states either don’t want to or can’t stop them. For example, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Singapore, Nigeria, etc.
- 93 countries do not ban or license online casinos. They include the following countries: Bolivia, Uruguay, Venezuela, Bahamas, Argentina, Egypt, Kenya, Tunisia, Kosovo, Gibraltar, etc.
Although there is no online gambling regulation in India, gamers can gamble knowing that the activity is legal. India is the ninth most prosperous country in the world from gambling establishments. Today in this country, there are about 200 casinos. Even though only betting on horse racing and lotteries is officially allowed in India, you can find all kinds of gambling here. Nevertheless, be cautious when choosing an online casino in India. Always check if the gambling site is licensed and regulated by a reputable body like the UKGC, MGA, Kahnawake Gaming Commission, etc. Beyond that, enjoy!