With there being some much choice when it comes to garden furniture UK nowadays, it can be difficult to know where to even start when it comes to purchasing the perfect items for your garden. One thing that is true though and is universal across everyone that has a garden and is considering purchasing furniture for it is that they want it to be long lasting and durable. This is especially true given the ever-changing weather that we get here in the United Kingdom and given how expensive garden furniture can be – you do not want to spend a large amount of money only for the furniture to last a couple of years.
This is why we have done some digging around and put together a list of the most durable types of garden furniture that are currently available for purchase on the market.
It is important that you choose the right material for the frame of the garden furniture. After all, it is the material that has a direct impact on how durable the furniture actually is. Below is a list of the longest lasting and strongest materials out there for garden furniture.
- Wood – not only looks great but is also very comfortable to sit on or have a meal off of. The only problem with wood is that it requires a certain level of maintenance in that it needs to be refinished every couple of years or so.
- Aluminium – this is actually what moist garden furniture is made out of because it is not only highly durable but also lightweight, thus allowing for it to be easily maneuvered. With aluminium being so widely available, it means that this type of furniture can be produced very cheaply, which is another reason why it is so popular.
- Stainless steel – gives a modern look whilst still being able to stand up to rusting and any other type of corrosion. This is why it has become so popular as a material to use for garden furniture. On average, wrought aluminium garden furniture should have a 20 year plus life span.
- Wicker – this is very lightweight and still relatively durable considering. It typically comes woven with PVC around the framework of the garden furniture. This gives a warm and inviting appearance whilst also being easy to move around your garden space.
- Wrought aluminium – to create garden furniture with this material, it is manipulated and bent into shape and then reinforced. This material and the aesthetic that it creates makes it the perfect choice for use in the more coastal parts of the country. On average, the wrought aluminium garden furniture should have a 20 year plus life span.
- Cast aluminium – a very dense and heavy material, cast aluminium can be made into highly detailed and intricate garden furniture. This makes it the ideal choice for when attempting to create a more meditarranean feel to your garden space. On average, cast aluminium garden furniture should have a 15 year plus life span.