Whether you want to cool off during the scorching summer or host an alfresco-style party for family and friends, owning a swimming pool is not just useful but a luxury.
Are you thinking of building such a beautiful oasis? There are things you must ponder over before you make the final decision.
1. Do I have enough space for building a pool?
The first and the most important question.
- Should I go for an indoor or outdoor pool?
- Do I have to cut down the green space?
- Is the existing space sufficient for building a pool?
- Is the space sloped or flat?
The available area affects the design and size of the pool. Take a survey of the space you have to work on it.
2. Which pool design will suit my home?
There are many options out there for you to choose from based on the purpose and lifestyle preference.
Some of the options are:
- Above-ground pool: Avoid the whole excavation process with one of the most affordable and easy to maintain pool styles.
- Lap pool: Mainly constructed for fitness and health purposes.
- Architectural pool: This pool has a fixed structure, symmetry, precise lines, and layout.
- Indoor pool: This pool is built under a roof, and can be insulated by at least three walls or by installing premium-quality glass enclosures for the perfect look. The latter has multiple benefits and is worth investing in.
3. Is it budget-friendly?
Building a pool is a significant investment that can add value to your property.
However, it is important to get a rough estimate of how much it’s going to cost you. The building cost depends on pool material, size, decking, and any ‘extras,’ like pool accessories, water features, and outdoor furniture.
To extend the life of your swimming pool, you will need some accessories like:
Pool filter and pump: Keeps your pool water sparkling clean.
Pool cover: Solar pool cover protects your pool from beaming sun rays and keeps your children and pets safe.
Skimmer: Keeps your pool safe from leaves, insects, pollen, bugs, etc.
Make sure you have enough funds to construct the pool and buy all these important pool accessories, else all your time and hard work will go in vain.
4. Any extra feature do I want in the pool?
When planning your dream poolscape, list everything you’d like to add to maximize fun in the pool.
Some special features you can add are:
- Pool lights
- Outdoor shower
- A floating dining area
- Underwater benches
- Music system
5. How will I maintain the pool?
Maintaining a pool is not as easy as it seems.
If you want to save some money, follow these DIY steps to keep your pool clean:
- Maintain the pool chemistry
- Run pool filter
- Add shock weekly
- Skim regularly
You can also hire professionals to save your time and to get a beautiful pool for a long time.
In the end…
When you decide to build a pool, a lot of questions are bound to pop up. Talk to family, relatives, neighbors, survey the area and consult industry professionals.
Gather as much information as possible to make a decision you are proud of.