in industrial automation and complex industry scene, we found that resistive touch screen is still popular, capacitive touch screen in the industrial automation market can not replace resistive touch screen.
With the demand of modern people for intelligence, touch screen, as a very important peripheral in intelligent hardware of things, can easily and naturally realize man-machine interaction, and its application in various industries is constantly expanding.In particular, with the development of automation, digitalization and intelligence, the demand for industrial touch tablet computers and industrial touch displays in the industrial automation industry is increasing day by day, and the demand for touch screens in the industrial automation industry is also on the rise.
Types of touch screens:
According to the working principle of the touch screen and the medium of information transmission, we generally divide the touch screen into four types: resistive touch screen, capacitive touch screen, infrared touch screen, and surface acoustic touch screen.Each kind of touch screen has its own advantages and disadvantages, and it is used in different categories in different industries and fields.
At present, the technology of capacitive touch screen has been continuously improved, and the accuracy and touch experience have been greatly improved. It can be seen everywhere in all walks of life, especially in the most common consumer electronics and mobile phones. Capacitive touch is a must.
However, in industrial automation and complex industrial sites, we have found that resistive touch screens are still popular, capacitive touch screens in the industrial automation market can not replace resistive touch screens.
Introduction to resistive screen properties and working principle:
1) Resistive screen, called resistive touch screen, commonly known as “soft screen”, has only three layers. The inner layer is glass and the outer layer is film. ITO is applied to the side adjacent to the film and the glass.At the same time, the resistive screen is actually a sensor.
At present, the resistance screen is divided into four lines, five lines and other categories, but we often see four lines and five lines, and the principle is almost the same.The biggest difference is that the accuracy is different when affected by external forces.
2) How it works: simply put, the resistive screen is divided into two layers and separated by an insulator.When the two layers collide, the current is affected, and the chip responds by calculating the data between the force and the current to assess which part of the screen is under pressure.Because resistive screens require two layers to collide before they can react.
Why resistance screens are more popular in the industrial sector:
- the industrial environment is more harsh, dust, temperature difference, resistance screen is more suitable for this harsh environment;
- The resistive screen can be touched with any object, which is suitable for some industrial operation scenes where gloves are needed;
- The precision of the resistive touch screen only depends on the accuracy of A/D conversion, so it can be easily compared to 4096*4096, and the cost performance is higher than that of the capacitive screen.
- Stronger anti-electromagnetic interference capability, more suitable for complex industrial application site environment.
As a manufacturer of industrial computing hardware solutions, Beijing stone technology co., ltd provides customers with the best solutions and products for their applications.In general, whether it’s an industrial touch screen or an industrial touch screen product, you need to choose the right touch screen based on the application’s on-site environment.Although the touch accuracy of capacitance is constantly improved and the use experience is better, we still recommend customers to give priority to the use of resistive touch screens in the complex industrial environment to ensure the long-term stability and reliability of the product.