Nowadays, videos are becoming more and more prominent online. They’re even trumping photographs, infographics, and GIFs. According to research, users spend 2 minutes longer on websites that have videos than the ones that don’t. So why aren’t corporations and content creators banking on this?
Mostly because of technological constraints. However, thanks to online video creator platforms, that’s all set to change. The best way to get started with such a platform is to create an intro video.
What is an intro video?
As the name suggests, an introductory video provides users with complete information about the services that you or your brand provide. It can set the tone of your brand voice, show users what your company stands for, and create a one-to-one relationship with your audience.
Intro videos are used for marketing a new range of products, for providing a tutorial of offered services, or telling a story about company values. You can even use these videos as advertisements on social media websites like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
How can you create an intro video?
Unless you’re a massive corporation with a budget set aside for video production, you may be relying on doing things on your own. However, if you’re a novice in the art of video production or have no idea how to create a professional-looking video, then you should explore a free intro maker.
Using the services of such video editing platforms, you can easily create an intro video or any other form of video for that matter. One example of such a platform would be InVideo. Though it isn’t free, the base plan comes with numerous features along with unlimited video templates that you can use to create unique and professional intro videos.
Benefits of using a video creating software
Different video editing platforms offer various services. However, the premise remains the same, so users who have never created video content can do so without any hassle. Most platforms provide customers with a blank canvas to get creative.
Users can choose the canvas type, depending on where they wish to post the intro video, i.e., on their website, Instagram post, Facebook story, or YouTube. Once the dimensions are final, users can start picking from thousands of handcrafted templates created by professional designers. Come to think of it, editing a YouTube video online has never been easier!
Since intro videos are there to reveal something about the brand, users can get creative by using images available on the platform, including those from paid websites like Shutterstock. While all platforms don’t provide such options, InVideo offers users over 3 million photographs directly from Shutterstock, Pixabay, Storyblocks, and many more.
Since most platforms offer music support, you will have a humongous library of tunes to choose from. Some platforms even provide individuals with the option to convert articles to videos automatically. So, even if you’ve only written the script, the platform will turn it into a beautiful video, with minimal effort from your end.
Advanced users can make the best of these editing platforms. They can use the tools to trim video clips, create ongoing loops, crop frames, add text, extend clips, or increase volume. Most platforms also offer automatic editing options, so you don’t have to do any heavy lifting, the software will finish the video for you.
Moreover, most editing platforms come with 24*7 customer support, so in case you get stuck, you can easily have your questions answered. Furthermore, since video editing platforms are designed for both individuals and companies, users can add an unlimited number of members to one single account.
Things to remember when creating intro videos
Now that creating video content doesn’t seem so daunting, here are some pointers on what you should do when creating your very first intro video. While the rules aren’t set in stone, it’s always better to be aware of the best video practices.
- Keep things short: For starters, an introductory video should grab the attention of the user, and not bore them with unnecessary information. Instead of sharing everything that your brand does, it’s important to show consumers how your brand can be of benefit to them. While you do that, make sure you don’t go over 2 minutes, because that’s how much time most users will spend before moving on to other content.
- Have a definite purpose: When creating an intro video, you must have a clear goal in mind. You should know what you’re trying to communicate to your audience. The intro video can provide an insight into your work culture, or introduce you and your content to the world. In essence, it could serve as a means to showcase your product or service.
- Never forget the CTA: Just as important as it is for your video to have a purpose, it’s also extremely essential that it has a call to action (CTA). Without an explicit step for users to perform, you won’t be able to hold the user. The video must end with an embedded link that either asks users to subscribe, donate, or contact your company for more information. Without actionable content, you may lose out on business.
Getting started with intro videos using online editing platforms
An introductory video can be an excellent medium for you to tell consumers about yourself or your brand. They can help you in telling your story in a way that you wish for it to be presented. Moreover, creating a video is no longer inaccessible or expensive. All you need to do is find the right video editing software.
Once you do find the perfect video editing software:
- You can quickly turn textual content to videos.
- Make use of millions of beautiful images to tell your brand story.
- Edit your home-made videos, so that they look professional.
- Reveal everything about your company with panache!