It isn’t even 2017 yet and the year is shaping up to be the biggest of Lauren Alaina’s career. The twenty-two year-old tremendous vocalist recently announced her stint on the CMT Next Women of Country Love Unleashed Tour with Martina McBride (February 2017), and now Alaina is following that news up with a full-length album announcement.
Road Less Traveled, a twelve-track offering, will be released on January 27, on the heels of the title track bringing Alaina her highest charting single to date. The track, which she co-wrote with Jesse Frasure and Meghan Trainor, is an autobiography of the singer’s battle with bulimia.
“I had an eating disorder for like four years, and I was just lost,” Alaina told Rolling Stone Country of writing the song earlier this year. “I was 15 on American Idol and everybody had something to say. It was like I had my really awkward phase on national television.”
Produced by busbee, the album will serve as Alaina’s second LP (Wildflower, 2011).
The tracklisting and songwriter credits for Road Less Traveled are as follows:
1. “Doin’ Fine” (Lauren Alaina, Emily Shackleton, busbee)
2. “My Kinda People” (Lauren Alaina, Emily Weisband, busbee)
3. “Three” (Lauren Alaina, Seth Ennis, Jordan Reynolds)
4. “Road Less Traveled” (Lauren Alaina, Jesse Frasure, Meghan Trainor)
5. “Queen of Hearts” (Lauren Alaina, Lindsey Lee, Victoria Banks)
6. “Think Outside the Boy” (Lauren Alaina, Emily Shackleton)
7. “Painting Pillows” (Lauren Alaina, Lindsay Jack Rimes, Alex Masters)
8. “Next Boyfriend” (Lauren Alaina, Emily Weisband, Matt McVaney)
9. “Crashin’ the Boys Club” (Lauren Alaina, Emily Weisband, Johan Fransson)
10. “Same Day Different Bottle” (Lauren Alaina, Caitlyn Smith, Dan Couch)
11. “Holding the Other” (Lauren Alaina, Emily Weisband, Eric Olson)
12. “Pretty” (Lauren Alaina, Felicia Barton, Emily Weisband)