Yesterday, there was a fire at Travis Tritt‘s home. Today, the singer shared a photo on Facebook of the charred remains of his kids’ hopes, dreams, and playground equipment.
Yikes! There’s nothing left.
Yesterday, TMZ reported on the fire first, saying that Tritt’s mother-in-law came home from the grocery store and found the fire burning in the backyard. Travis, who was home at the time but unaware of the fire, came out and tried to keep things under control with a hose until the fire department showed up. TMZ now has a copy of the 911 call if you’re into that sort of thing.
Later that night, Tritt released a statement about the fire in an email.
Late this afternoon, a fire occurred surrounding the residence of Country singer, Travis Tritt. Tritt’s home, which is located in Powder Springs, GA was not harmed nor was anyone injured.
Tritt released a statement, saying “I would like to thank everyone for the concern earlier this afternoon. Some of you may already be aware, but a fire occurred in the playground area on my property. Local firefighters quickly arrived and doused the smoldering area. We are thanking God that no one was in that area at the time and everyone is safe. The residence and grounds adjacent were not majorly affected.”
Hot weather was reportedly to blame.
Just glad everyone’s okay.