Texas native Chase Bryant might be new to country radio, but he is no stranger to the industry. Being the nephew of Jeff & Junior Bryant, co-founders of the group Richochet, he has some amazing talent running through his veins. It's safe to say he was born for entertaining. In August of 2013 he signed with Red Bow Records and a year later his current single "Take It On Back" is catching fire all over. It's a little bit of traditional country with a rock & roll twist and I'm sure some would say it has a touch of pop influence as well. Regardless of it's genre, the song is a hit.
1. At what age did you realize you wanted to pursue music as a career?
As crazy as it may sound I feel I was a year and a half to two years old.
2. What artists did you listen to growing up?
Radney Foster, Tom Petty, Jerry Lee Lewis, Vince Gill, Brian White & Bryan Adams.
3. What artists are your favorite today?
John Mayer, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, Robert Earl Keen & Chris Knight.
4. If you could duet with any female artist, who would you pick?
5. What was it like the very first time you heard your song on the radio?
There are no words that could ever describe the feeling. It was surreal!
6. Do you have a favorite place to perform?
I debut at the Opry on August 22nd. No question that will be it!
7. What's your favorite thing about country music?
That it's one huge family. You don't have to wear a cowboy hat to fit in. You just have to tell the truth.
8. One food you can't live without?
9. Do you have a life motto?
Dreams are dreams until you make them a reality.
10. What do you want the world to know about Chase Bryant?
That who you hear on the radio, see at a show or in a magazine is the real me. It's who I am through and through. That will never change.
You can follow Chase via twitter @chasebryant.
For more country music news, updates & shenanigans follow me @brittwv.