So Wynonna Judd has officially set the bar for tour posters. How friggin' cute is the new poster for her just announced Wynonna and Friends: Stories & Song tour? It kind of reminds me of the cool Taylor Swift poster the California casino had designed for her when she played there a while back. I want one (gotta have one) to frame and hang on my wall. Amazing.
Anyway, here's the official press release for Wynonna's new tour along with tour dates.
American music icon WYNONNA has announced dates for her “Wynonna and Friends: Stories & Song” tour. Launching Wednesday, January 14 in Durham, NC, with a stop in her Ashland, KY hometown, the special run of shows will visit intimate venues only. With her one-of-a-kind powerhouse voice and engaging storytelling flair, WYNONNA–joined by her 3-piece band including her husband, producer and award-winning artist Cactus Moser–will share with audiences the personal stories behind what inspired her to record the songs from her 30-year platinum career.
“Wynonna and Friends: Stories & Song”will also hit Indiana, Idaho, California, Pennsylvania, New York and Connecticut, before wrapping Sunday, March 8 in Boston, MA. The tour itinerary is below and additional dates will be added. To purchase tickets and stay informed on new confirmed shows, visit www.wynonna.com.
“The concept for the ‘Stories & Song’ tour has been a dream of mine for many years and will be unlike any tour I’ve ever done before,” explains WYNONNA about the inspiration for this special tour. “My husband and professional partner, Cactus Moser, and I have put this show together and, along with the band [The Big Noise], we all feel a renewed passion and we believe that this music is being celebrated in a whole new way. That gives me a great deal of hope and it is my prayer that others who come to our shows will experience that hope as well.”
When asked why she feels now is the time for a tour like this, WYNONNA says, “I have shared the stage with some of the greatest singers and musicians in the world and I have recorded with artists from all genres of music. It has been an amazing journey for me. I'm an ordinary woman that extraordinary things have happened to because I choose to continue to suit up and show up where I am called. I am more passionate now than I have ever been about my life, my gift, my faith, hopes and dreams, and I want so much to share my story and my songs with my fans. I have experienced so many personal and professional highs and lows on this journey, and having been on the road for 34 years now, I am so grateful for the wisdom and experience I have gained throughout all that has happened on and off stage. I'm looking forward to sharing my message with others, to celebrate this time in my life with the fans that have supported me all these years, as well as connect with new fans.”
As a five-time Grammy winner and New York Timesbestselling author, WYNONNA’s career has always revolved around telling stories. Whether she’s using her rich, commanding voice to sing one of her countless hits or sitting down for one of her many bold, honest television appearances, WYNONNA always gets her point across with unflinching honesty and wisdom gained over the course of her very public life.
WYNONNA has been working with husband/producer/drummer Cactus Moser on solo material for her 8th studio album due out 2015 on Curb Records. She recently opened up to Rolling Stone Country about the direction the new music is taking, describing it as “vintage yet modern.” (7/9/14) The full interview can be read here.
The couple also recently released “Follow Me,” an original song exclusively for the film “The Hornet’s Nest” which features unprecedented real footage to tell the story of an elite group of U.S. troops sent on a dangerous mission deep inside one of Afghanistan’s most hostile valleys. They performed the powerful track on “Good Morning America” May 22; watch here.
Catch WYNONNA AND FRIENDS: STORIES & SONG on the road (more dates will be added):
- Wed 1/14 – Durham, NC – The Carolina Theatre
- Thurs 1/15 – Alexandria, VA – The Birchmere
- Fri 1/16 – Ashland, KY – Paramount Arts Center
- Sat 1/17 – Louisville, KY – Brown Theatre
- Thurs 1/29 – Wabash, IN – Honeywell Center
- Fri 1/30 – Youngstown, OH – Stambaugh Auditorium
- Sat 1/31 – Merrillville, IN – Star Plaza Theatre
- Fri 2/6 – Boise, ID – Morrison Center for the Performing Arts
- Sat 2/7 – Lewiston, ID – Clearwater River Casino Event Center
- Thurs 2/12 – Campbell, CA – Heritage Theatre
- Sat 2/14 – La Mirada, CA – La Mirada Theatre (2 shows)
- Mon 2/16 – Beaver Creek, CO – Vilar Performing Arts Center
- Thurs 2/19 – Salina, KS – Stiefel Theatre for the Performing Arts
- Thu 2/26 – Lancaster, PA – American Music Theatre
- Fri 2/27 – Westbury, NY – Theatre at Westbury
- Sat 2/28 – Verona, NY – Turning Stone Casino Resort
- Thu 3/5 – Williamsport, PA – Community Arts Center
- Fri 3/6 – Ridgefield, CT – The Ridgefield Playhouse
- Sat 3/7 – Niagara Falls, NY – Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel
- Sun – 3/8 – Boston, MA – Wilbur Theatre