Ashley Monroe is widely known for her part in the trio girl band Pistol Annies with members Miranda Lambert and Angaleena Presley. However, she has been performing music since she was just a kid.
Monroe was born in Knoxville, Tennessee. As a pre-teen she moved to Nashville to pursue her music. After only a year she was offered a publishing deal as a songwriter. In 2006, she released a duet titled "I Don't Want To" with the legendary Ronnie Dunn. The single did fairly well. Monroe also co-wrote Jason Aldean's "The Truth" and Miranda Lambert's "Heart Like Mine." She is one of Nashville's greatest songwriter's.
In March of 2013, she released her album "Like A Rose" via Warner Bros. Nashville to critical acclaim. The album was produced by Vince Gill.
Monroe has a classic country sound and a fire that comes to life when she sings. She is what real country music is made of.
1. At what age did you know you wanted to pursue music?
Always. As soon as I could talk I was singing.
2. Who influenced you musically?
Tom Petty, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, Eddy Arnold, Bonnie Raitt and Elvis.
3. If you could duet with any male artist, who would you pick?
All time? Elvis. Present? Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. They've always been a true inspiration to me.
4. What is your favorite thing about country music?
The story telling. The honest feeling you get when you listen to it. I love the sad slow country songs.
5. Do you have a favorite place to perform?
Grand Ole Opry. It always feels like homecoming.
6. Beer or whiskey?
7. If your life was a movie, what would the title be?
8. Three things you can't live without?
My John (husband), music, and my family.
9. Any new projects in the works for you?
Working on a new record at the beginning of the year!
10. What would you like to say to all the Ashley Monroe fans out there?
Thank you for loving and supporting me for who I am.
For more info on Ashley Monroe visit her website at www.ashleymonroe.com .
For more country music updates follow me via twitter @brittwv