Michigan native Frankie Ballard has made his mark on country radio this year. However, most people know him from his previous singles back in 2011, which were top 40 hits. "Tell Me You Get Lonely" and "A Buncha Girls" both did fairly well that year. Frankie has toured with names such as Taylor Swift and his idol Bob Seger.
Now 2013 has brought us a new Frankie and a new single – "Helluva Life" was released back in August. The song is up-lifting and unique. "Pennies make dimes and dimes make dollars, dollars buy gas and long neck bottles" is an expression I find to be completely true. His voice is unlike anyone I've heard. Something about him screams "real country music" yet he also has a modern day vibe. As strange as it may seem, I refer to him as half David Lee Murphy and half Bob Seger. He has a country/soul/pop thing going on. Whatever it is, I like it.
1. At what age did you realize you wanted to make music a career?
Oh I guess I was about 20 when it really kicked in.
2. What artists did you listen to growing up?
Lots of outlaw country. Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Johnny Horton. I also loved Elvis and Skynyrd.
3. What artists do you listen to currently?
I'm lovin' what Eric Church is doin'.
4. If you could duet with any female artists, who would you pick?
5. Do you have a favorite place to perform?
I love clubs packed full, right up the stage. Those have the most energy.
6. Beer or whiskey?
7. Favorite restaurant in Nashville?
8. Favorite sport?
9. I know your single "Helluva Life" just hit country radio. Anything else in the works for you?
Gotta new album full of fresh tunes comin' atcha soon.
10. What would you like the world to know about Frankie Ballard?
I'm a Christian.
You can catch Frankie out on the Most Hits For Your Money Tour with Rodney Atkins this fall. For tour dates please visit www.frankieballard.com . You can also follow Frankie via twitter @FrankieBallard.
For more country music news, updates & gossip follow me via twitter @brittwv.