Illinois native Brett Eldredge has arrived in the world of country music and it's obvious he is here to stay.
Brett's musical influences are Ronnie Dunn and Ray Charles which makes perfect sense if you have ever seen him perform live.
It was such an honor to be in the audience when he shared the stage with Lee Brice, Kelleigh Bannen and Jarrod Neiman on Feb 7th in Silver Spring, MD for the iheart concert. All four artists were on stage together and they each took turns singing their most popular songs. Brett's voice is unique and full of soul and it amazes me how effortless it is for him. It's really a voice you can never forget. Most people know Brett by his 2010 single "Raymond"which was written with his grandmother in mind since she fought a battle with Alzheimer's. The song is one that tugs at your heart and really shows what a great song writer Brett Eldredge is.
Brett was willing to answer my 10 Random Questions so I caught up with him backstage to get the 411.
1. At what age did you know you wanted to pursue country music? 15
2. If you could duet with any female artists who would you pick? Miranda Lambert
3. What is your favorite cereal? Oatmeal with peanut butter, fruit and honey all mixed together. Does that count?
4. Beer or whiskey? Whiskey
5. Favorite reality tv show? Judge Judy
6. How many tattoos do you have? Just freckles
7. What do you keep in the trunk of your car? Currently a blow up kiddie pool to put outside the bus for summer festivals
8. Hunting or fishing? Fishing
9. What is your favorite country song of all time? "Neon Moon" Brooks & Dunn
10. What do you want the world to know about Brett Eldredge? I don't wanna grow up I'm a Toys R Us kid. Seriously I'm just a kid at heart, livin' this cray life and singing along .. that's why I am always smiling.